Saturday, November 19, 2011

Jobs for Americans in Australia?

I'd like to go to Australia for a year or two of my life, however I'd obviously prefer to go there knowing I had a job waiting.





Does anyone know any companies or industries that have a heavy presence down under that I might be able to get on with here in the States, with the expectation of being X-fered to Oz for a few years?





I do hold a few college degrees, but unfortunately nothing past a Bach. and nothing that lends itself to a career field with much need abroad. My GPA is solid and I have a pretty good work history on and off of various jobs, some in sales, worked in E.M.S. for awhile, and some work in politics.





The State department is out, because Australia is kind of a cushy gig and you have to have some seniority, and I'd like to go sometime in the next 2-3 years, not 8-12 down the road. So with government work not being an option, what civilian jobs might help me fufill my goal here?

Jobs for Americans in Australia?
Heres what you should do. Save up as much as you can here. Pay off those student loans so you at least have a few months cushion. Are you under 30? If you are go to bunac.org and you can get a work visa for 4 months in Australia. You can get any job wit that. Are you over 30 but under 35? Than you can get a work visa for New Zealand. That one allows you to stay for a year.
Reply:Most multinationals have a presence in Australia.


No comments:

Post a Comment