Saturday, November 19, 2011

Jobs for Illustration Majors still in College?

I'm just wondering if there is anything out there for someone who just finished their first year as an illustration major. I'm pretty far ahead for most my age and I have been trying to get my portfolio out there and just a job in general, but no luck. There is not a huge demand for any art related jobs in my area... let alone jobs in general.


Any suggestions? advice?

Jobs for Illustration Majors still in College?
Something you can do immediately is check Craigslist under art/media jobs. Sometimes there are small jobs available for beginning illustrators. You can check other cities, since many illustrators freelance long distance.





If you're any good, you can also call up local ad agencies and design firms in your town. They'll probably ask to see your work on a website or a self-promotion, so be prepared.





If nothing's coming up, try your town's local papers and magazines and newsletters. Maybe post your own Craigslist post advertising your skills.





Good luck!

dentistry

No comments:

Post a Comment